Public Relations Coordinator
Assists with the implementation of The Community Foundation’s public relations strategy through the execution of projects and tasks that advance the organization’s relationships with key constituents, such as donors, nonprofit partners and community members.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Additional duties may be assigned)
Assist in the implementation of The Community Foundation’s development and public relations strategies, performing tasks and executing projects as assigned by the Director of Public Relations. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Writing and editing internal and external communications
- Media relations
- Event support
- Graphic design
- Facilitate content creation for website, social media and traditional platforms that promotes The Community Foundation’s fund products, partnership opportunities and donor engagement
- Manage Community Foundation website and related microsites to ensure accuracy and relevance of information
- Provide general administrative support for the public relations department, e.g., scheduling, vendor communication, data entry, branded inventory management, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required in communications, marketing, public relations, advertising, or allied discipline
- 2 years’ experience in marketing, journalism, public relations or communications
- Equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered
Required Computer Software: Microsoft Office (specifically Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Preferred Computer Software: Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge); Content Management Systems (such as WordPress); Social Media Platforms (specifically Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube)
Basic knowledge of SEO is preferred, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Attention to detail; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proofreading skills and familiarity with AP Style guidelines preferred
- Able to work independently, as well as set and adhere to deadlines to ensure timely completion of tasks and projects
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously with flexibility to adapt as priorities change
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-based environment with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Desire for excellence and accuracy in the performance of duties
Please submit cover letter and résumé to John Husnay at email@example.com by Friday, July 13.