Grantmaking Made Easy for Community Nonprofits
If your nonprofit organization is seeking funding, start here. We make the process easy for you. Call Jan Squadrito at (315) 735-8212, and she will walk you through the grant proposal process. Grant funding requests are accepted on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline for requests.
Grantmaking made easy
The Community Foundation can make it easy for your nonprofit organization to get the funding you need to accomplish your goals.
We are here to walk you through the grantmaking process:
- Call us: Call Senior Program Officer Jan Squadrito at (315) 735-8212 to get you started.
- Submit your proposal: When you’re ready to submit your proposal, we’ll continue to help you through if needed.
- Grants Committee: After we’ve received your request, our Grants Committee, made up of community members in Herkimer and Oneida counties, will discuss and decide if it’s the right fit for our mission.
- Approval: You will hear from us in writing if we are able to meet your request.
- Follow-up: Sometimes we ask you for more information. Ultimately, we want to see the needs of your organization met and will help you to do that even if your grant request is denied. Often organizations who follow our recommendations with a grant denial, come back later for funding approval.
- Grant report: If your grant is approved, you will be expected to follow certain requirements, which includes communication and public relations efforts as well as completing a six-month grant report.