M&T Bank Fund Awards More than $160,000 to Community Organizations
M&T Bank/Partners Trust Bank Charitable Fund (MTPT) awarded $160,400 in grants to seven local nonprofits in the first quarter of 2021. MTPT, a donor-advised fund of The Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties, is committed to investing in its local community.
“Our advisory committee gave considerations to many deserving ideas submitted by local organizations that enhance our communities and our lives. We look forward to seeing these projects take shape throughout the coming months,” said David Manzelmann, M&T Bank Utica market president.
The fund’s first quarter 2021 grants include the following recipients:
- A $40,000 grant was awarded to House of Good Shepherd for finishes, painting, and furniture. The Sunset Avenue restoration project will make it possible to provide respite care to youth in Oneida County.
- Mohawk Valley Jr. Frontiers received a $30,000 grant to help fund its College Short Gap Scholarships. The funding will provide approximately 20 short-gap scholarships to underrepresented students.
- A $20,000 grant was awarded to On Point for College, a program that helps lower-income, first generation students to achieve education and career success.
- A $5,000 grant was awarded to Utica Monday Night to fund its Levitt AMP Utica Music Series Partnership. The concert series will be held this summer and will feature artists from New York state.
- A $11,500 grant was awarded to Utica Public Library its Summer Reading Program and Fademicon Event. The funding will cover supplies, performer fees, advertising, and prizes.
- A $50,000 grant was awarded to Arc Herkimer to renovate their Folts Street building to make the space more modern and functional and to resolve various health and safety concerns.
- Morrow Warming Center received a $3,900 for an entrance gate. Morrow Warming Center is a warming station and rest area for homeless persons not served by community shelters due to behavioral issues.
The MTPT Fund was created by M&T Bank in 2007 with the mission to provide continued support for the Mohawk Valley community. Since then, MTPT had awarded more than 210 grants totaling nearly $4 million to a variety of programs and organizations. Potential grant opportunities are reviewed quarterly by a local advisory committee led by Manzelmann.