Giving Back in Herkimer County and Oneida County
Donate your way
When people donate through The Community Foundation, their donation is backed by more than 60 years of partnership.
Donate today and reap the benefits only The Community Foundation can provide to you.
Donate with The Foundation and experience simplicity, confidence, partnership, maximum tax benefits.
Last year, nearly 750 donors invested in our community through The Community Foundation.
Those partners’ donations have now become community investments that are and will continue to transform Herkimer County and Oneida County. Our partners understand The Foundation’s unique ability to satisfy their donation needs, making big community impact and wise financial investments.
- Simplicity and flexibility: We accept donations in any form you want to donate, including cash, stock, property, life insurance policies, retirement funds or business interests. You also have the option to make planned gifts through an estate plan as a bequest or through a trust in creative ways. Donations are accepted by mail, by phone or online and may be made as tributes to others. All donations are gratefully acknowledged in writing.
- Expertise: Our staff has decades of experience and the knowledge of community needs and the issues that impact our area. We understand how to make the biggest impact and our advice is always professional, confidential and free.
- Maximum Tax Benefits: Your donation receives the highest tax deduction, and we collaborate with your financial advisors to explore personal tax strategies.
- Fiscal Confidence: Donations help us build an endowment nurtured by expert management, investment and governance. Our accounting meets rigorous standards of accuracy and transparency.
- Partnership: We promote community partnership through individuals, nonprofit organizations and businesses in order to make the biggest impact in Oneida and Herkimer counties
- Convenience: We handle all paperwork, reporting and bookkeeping for our grants, funds and donations.
- Permanence: Your charitable intent is carried out forever.
Want to learn more about how you can impact your community? We suggest you visit Give Now or Creating a Fund.
Learn more about our Donors
Silicon Valley entrepreneur creates fund to support area’s ‘best and brightest’— Donor Stories
Patsy Couper’s passion for people will have impact forever— Donor Stories
A Dream Fulfilled Forever— Donor Stories
Ray and Linda Allen— Donor Stories
Helping and Assisting Forever— Donor Stories
Wesley Smith and Diane Wolfe— Donor Stories
Duff Matt— Donor Stories
The Face Of Giving— Donor Stories