Give Back To Utica Essay Contest
The Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties, Inc., through the Give Back to Utica Fund, presents an exciting opportunity.
A paid summer internship at the Utica Public Library is being offered to a current high school junior or senior who live in Herkimer or Oneida counties. The student intern will have the opportunity to see how the modern public library functions as a vital community organization. The internship will allow for learning about the wide array of activities that go on in a library and the variety of skills library personnel employ in business management, human services, retail, entertainment and education.
To be considered for the Give Back to Utica internship, high school juniors and seniors who live in Herkimer or Oneida counties must submit an essay of 1,500 words or fewer by 3 p.m. on Friday, May 8, 2020. The essay should answer the following questions:
- How did growing up in the Utica area benefit you?
- How did growing up in this area influence the person you have become?
- How did growing up in this area shape your worldview?
- What is your vision of what the Utica area can be and how can you “give back” to help make that happen?
Please send the following documents to Ally Campbell, Donor Relations Coordinator at The Community Foundation, by email to email@example.com or by mail to 2608 Genesee Street, Utica, NY 13502:
- A separate document with the student’s name, home address, class year, school district, college/university he/she is planning to attend and proposed major
- Completed consent form
By submitting an essay, the student is agreeing to allow it to be published and excerpted in local media and by The Community Foundation.