The Foundation is committed to making the biggest impact possible through partnership with nonprofit organizations seeking grant funding. Our grant funding is based on the needs of our community as indicated by hocindicators.org – where the Center for Governmental Research posts the statistics and research that shapes Herkimer County and Oneida County.
The site was created through the Leadership Alliance for a Vital Community – a partnership between The Foundation, The United Way and Mohawk Valley EDGE. In 2008, the first assessment by the Center for Governmental Research of Herkimer County and Oneida County was completed. From that, The Foundation created four priority areas. Through smart investing, grant funding and community partnership, we give these areas priority funding.
Through this funding and partnership, we are making big impact in our community.
Our priority areas and our goals for each area:
- Increase number of residents with workplace skills required for placement and career advancement.
- Increase opportunities to involve people 65 and older in strengthening our community.
See how we’re investing in economic development here.
- Increase the percentage of adults in Herkimer County and Oneida County who have bachelor’s degrees to 25 percent by 2025.
- Increase the number of pre-school children who are kindergarten ready.
See how we’re investing in education here.
- Reduce the number of children and adults with high blood lead levels.
- Increase opportunities for people to live in the safest and least restricted settings.
See how we’re investing in health here.
Arts and Culture
- Increase the number of attendees at arts and cultural programs.
- Increase collaborative efforts of arts and cultural institutions.
See how we’re investing in arts and culture here.