The Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties is a community-based, social impact investor. Using its financial, intellectual and convening capital, The Community Foundation advises, funds, fuels and sustains partnerships that address fundamental community challenges across the Mohawk Valley.
In recent years, The Community Foundation has undergone a transformation, with a new emphasis on Impact Investment, the focused investment of assets (rather than grants or distributions) aimed at community change. In 2016, The Community Foundation announced its first Impact Investment initiative, a $1 million, three-year commitment to dramatically reduce childhood lead poisoning in Herkimer and Oneida counties, led by the Lead-Free MV Coalition.
A full-time, exempt position, the Project Manager will report to the Director of Strategic Initiatives. Applicants should have significant experience in coordinating complex, highly matrixed, multi-organization, multi-year projects. This opportunity will be of particular interest to candidates who are passionate about the Mohawk Valley, public health and children’s welfare.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Lead-Free MV Coalition
- Ensure that the Coalition, its steering committee, work groups, and project teams are functioning successfully
- Oversee management of the Coalition document repository and ensure that documentation processes and procedures are executed
- Oversee management of the project development process and ensure that Coalition work groups are successfully using the process to design and implement projects that contribute to the Coalition’s goals
- Provide project management support/assistance including but not limited to:
- Collect, synthesize and direct Coalition ideas, requirements, and resources and transform them into a portfolio of actionable projects to eliminate lead poisoning
- Coordinate internal and third-party resources for the execution of Coalition and/or Foundation sponsored projects
- Ensure that all projects are contributing to the eradication of lead poisoning and are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Track and analyze projects’ performance, expenditures
- Assist Coalition work groups in defining project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
- Based on relevant scope and requirements, translate projects into measurable and achievable tasks, and schedule and assign tasks
- Track, analyze and recommend improvements to project performance, schedule and cost
- Other duties as assigned, including other Foundation Impact Investment and Collective Impact initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well with large and diverse teams
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience with task scheduling and resource assignment
- Experience with project management practices and tools to create, manage, and track project performance, cost, scope
- Excellent external-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Experienced user of MS Office toolset (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel in Herkimer and Oneida counties
If interested in the position please send your resume, cover letter and three (3) references to Denise Salvatore, email@example.com.
The Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.